I’m in love with this new cruelty free, eco-faux leather, vegetable dyedand organic cotton lining new bag line by Nikki Reed. I never really like to speak out about anyone if I don’t really believe in their projects or ideals. But I actually admire a lot of famous or influential people that use their connection to the world to help the animals and the environment.
So let’s see, why organic clothes?
Take note guys
Organic cotton is grown and processed without toxic chemicals that can be absorbed easily when in contact with the user’s skin. Pesticides, fertilizers and chemicals used to grow and process conventional cotton fabrics may go directly to the users blood stream, which consequently affect’s the body’s organs and tissues.
Besides the naturally soft organic cotton fabric is a lot more comfortable to use and is available at competitive prices.
- It takes about one-third of a pound of pesticides and fertilizers to grow enough non-organic cotton for just one T-shirt.
- Non-organic cotton uses more insecticides than any other crop.
- Conventional cotton cultivation is alone responsible for consumption of more than fifteen percent of the world’s total production of pesticides.
- Organic cotton is grown in 22 countries worldwide with India topping the list.
- Organic cotton is less likely to trigger allergies: there are no harmful chemicals and organic cotton is more breathable.
- Organic cotton feels softer because the cotton fibers are left intact and not broken down by the chemicals used in the farming and processing of non-organic cotton.
- Natural, untreated GMO free seeds are used during seed preparation.
- Organic cotton growers utilize biological based growing practices that offer a cleaner and healthier by product.
- Organic cotton growing method protects the groundwater quality, reduces insects and disease by manipulating the ecosystem.
- Organic cotton growers prevent pests through beneficial habitat planting. It eliminates the usage of toxic chemicals that are normally used for manufacturing conventional cotton.
- Organic cotton crops yield higher organic matter, thicker topsoil, lowers modulus rupture, thus reducing soil erosion
- Pesticide-free long-stable cotton also feels softer and more breath
able and luxurious against the skin.
You can still look super gorg while using organic clothes and giving back to the world ❤
Here are some organic brands or foundations that you help when you purchase their fashion: