Hoping everyone has started their detox this week, as I am, here’s a little more info about detoxing your body and why it’s such a healthy thing to do specially after the holidays.
Good luck, Think Green, Think Organic!!
Here are just a few indications that you need to detoxify:
- You get the idea. Basically, any health problem means the body is toxic. There is only one disease, and that is cell malfunction. There are only two causes, nutrition deficiencies and toxicity. And the two go hand-in-hand.
- Skin issues
- Allergies (any and all)
- Muscle soreness (not from working out)
- Getting sick more than once every few years
- Sluggish and groggy waking up
- Vision loss
- Hair loss
- Body odor
- Yeast infections (athlete’s foot is a yeast infection, too)
- Slow healing
- Digestive issues
- Trouble focusing
- Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much
- Back pain
- High blood pressure
- Joint pain
- Kidney stones
- Canker sores
(Thanks to http://www.greenlifestylemarket.com/ for their helpful info)
Charisma Health gives us 12 benefits of the detoxing process:
1. Boosts your energy. By flushing the toxins out from your body, detoxification leaves you feeling more energetic and lively. While you detox, you also stop the influx of sugar, caffeine, trans fat and saturated fat and replace them with natural foods, such as fruits and vegetables. You get a natural energy boost, one that comes without a resultant crash.
It’s vital to stay well-hydrated while on any detox program. This can also be a source of increased energy if you typically don’t get enough water throughout the day.
2. Rids the body of any excess waste. The main purpose of detoxing is to allow your body to get rid of any excess waste it’s been storing. Detox programs are aimed at stimulating the body to purge itself, including the liver, kidneys and colons. Most modern diseases are caused by the storing of waste in the body, which is why detoxifying is very important.
3. Helps with weight loss. A criticism of detox diets is that they only help you lose weight in the short term. It helps, instead, if you look at detox programs as a way to establish long-term eating habits, and rid yourself of unhealthy habits. It all depends on what you focus on.
Remember its critical for you to get all the bad foods out of your diet because it’s positive that you’ll gain all the weight back when you finish if you don’t.
4. Stronger immune system. Detoxifying your body also strengthens your immune system. Your organs are clean, and free to function as they should. Your body is able to absorb nutrients better, including Vitamin C.
Good detox programs have a recommended intake of herbs which help the lymphatic system. This system is an important player in keeping you healthy long term. Many detox programs also focus on light exercises which help to circulate lymph fluid through the body and helps it to drain, strengthening your immune system in the process.
5. Improved skin. Your skin is your largest organ. Since detox programs improve your overall health, it makes sense that your skin benefits the most.
Detox programs recommend going to a sauna to take a sauna to help the body sweat out additional toxins. Many people are pleasantly surprised by clearer, smoother skin at the end of their detox plan. It’s also been reported that detoxing can help with acne, although the condition may worsen before it gets better as the toxins are released. You may find that your skin itches or gets patchy before clearing up, but this is part of the process and is a sign that you’re on the right track with your program. Patience and dedication to the detox program is what makes all the difference between success and failure.
6. Better breath. Some people witness better natural breath a couple of weeks into their detox program. One reason for bad breath is a backed up colon. During a detox, you are able to clear it out and get your digestive system functioning well again. As a result, your breath will see a natural improvement over the coming weeks.
7. Promotes healthy changes. A detox may only be 6 weeks or so, but the changes it makes in your lifestyle are long term. A detox program can be your gateway to a healthier life.
If you have addictions to sugar, caffeine, or fried or crunchy foods you can use a detox program to help you kill those cravings. If you cleanse the body and replace those foods with healthier choices, you can retrain yourself and be more likely to stick to your new habits.
8. Clearer thinking. A cleanse not only benefits your body, but it also strengthens the state of your mind. Meditation is a great way to relax your mind and lower your stress levels. Consider taking some yoga which is the perfect exercise meditation.
9. Healthier hair. A lot of herbs, vitamins and minerals you consume during a detox have a direct impact on making your hair healthier. When your hair is healthy, it looks better and is harder to break. This is why it’s important to keep your body functioning at its full potential through a regular detoxing strategy.
When your hair is able to grow uninhibited by internal toxins you’ll see and feel the difference in your hair. In many instances hair gets shinier, stronger and feels softer to the touch. In addition, many people on a detox program report that it helped recover their hair lost due to male pattern baldness.
10. Lighter feeling. Unencumbered by sugar and fat that make it lethargic, your body will feel “lighter” as you progress through your detox diet.
There are several reasons why this would be the case, especially if you’ll be doing a colon cleanse as part of the program. When you stop eating foods that weigh you down, and replace them with fresh organic fruits and vegetables, a lighter feeling is bound to occur. Your body naturally replenishes the energy you lose throughout the day with the help of a good, organic diet.
11. Anti-aging benefits. One contributing factor to the aging process is the constant barrage of toxins that our bodies have to battle every day. The transfats, sugar and caffeine we feed our bodies daily stay in our systems for a long time, introducing free radicals and bad toxins in our body. Detoxing not only gives short term benefits, but those following the programs see long term benefits that combat premature aging. However, for this to work it is important to change your lifestyle even after the detox program is finished.
12. Improved sense of well-being. A successful detox takes hard work, dedication and a positive attitude. Detoxing can be a great way to introduce a change in your lifestyle for the better. When you detox, you feel good, and when you feel good, good things happen.
Whatever your reason for starting a detox diet, whether it is losing weight or lowering stress, it is important to keep the positive changes long after the detox program is over.
(Thank you http://www.charismamag.com/life/health/23471-12-benefits-of-detoxing-the-body for your 12 wonderful benefits about detoxing)
Staying positive through the detoxing is essential also exercising and making all kind of positives things to your body don’t forget think of yourself and the benefits a healthy life will bring you. PA-